
By Tony Okafor, Awka
The Anambra State Police Command on Saturday confirmed the recovery of two female bodies believed to be among three Cameroonian women who were allegedly kidnapped in the state.
The bodies were discovered in the Omambala River, Anambra West Local Government Area.
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, stated that the discovery followed intensive search operations conducted on Friday evening, 28th November 2025, by operatives from the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers.
“The recovered bodies have been positively identified by the family as Mrs. Bognou Alice and her niece, Miss Sandra,” SP Tochukwu said, adding,“Both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further forensic examination and investigative procedures.”
The police had earlier arrested two suspects, Nonso Augustine Akpeh, 37, and Kingsley Akpeh, 44, who are cooperating with investigators.
A third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, remains at large, with security operatives intensifying efforts to apprehend him.
Commissioner of Police, CP Ikioye Orutugu, Ikenga said had extended condolences to the bereaved families and assured the public of the Command’s commitment to justice and security.
The CP further directed all units to strengthen operational activities aimed at recovering the remaining kidnapped victim.
The tragic discovery has sent shockwaves across the state, highlighting growing concerns over the security of foreign nationals and residents alike.
Authorities have urged the public to remain vigilant and report any information that could assist in the ongoing investigation.



