Buhari avoiding meeting Andy Uba, over Nov election – APGA
The All Progressives Grand Alliance has commended President Muhammedu Buhari for not interfering in election matters since he assumed office some six years ago.
It described the president as a ” stainless man” on issues of elections.
The Coordinator of APGA Media Warrior, Chinedu Obigwe stated this in a statement in a chat with The Razor News
He alleged that in the instance case of Anambra November 6 poll, Buhari had at several times avoided to have a meeting with the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Dr Andy Uba, apparently in order not to be part of the gang up to rig the election.
He said “It is not yet uhuru for the demonic Andy Uba as his plan to rig the forthcoming November 6th governorship election has hit a brick wall.
“Buhari will remain the man that we know that abhors illegality and subversion of the democratic will of the electorate.
We doff my hat for President Buhari for showing that he is still the stainless Buhari that we know.
CHRONICLES OF THE PRESIDENT’s REFUSAL TO SEE ANDY UBA
1. Governor Dapo Abiodun made attempts to take Senator Uba to the President few days after declaring him winner of a primary that never took place and was turned down.
2. Few weeks later, Mala Mai Buni booked an appointment to visit the President with newly decamped Governors of Zamfara and Cross Rivers as well as Senator Andy Uba for them to be handed over the APC flag. While already seated at the villa, Andy Uba’s name was removed and he was asked to leave while the President received only the Governors.
3. During Salah, Andy Uba went to Daura with a few Governors under the guise of Salah homage with the aim of taking pictures with the President so as to flaunt it as an endorsement. He was refused access into the President’s Daura home.
4. After the inauguration of the National Campaign Council, Governor Hope Uzodimma and Mala Mai Bunni made attempts to officially present Andy Uba to Buhari as is the tradition in the APC immediately after inauguration of campaign councils, it was turned down as well.
Note that Uzodimma was strategically picked as the Chairman of the council since he is a regular visitor to the villa with almost unrestricted access to the President with the hope that he will break the jinx but it failed yet again.
5. During the President’s son’s wedding in Kano, another “special arrangement” was made with some Kano State Government officials for Senator Uba to have an encounter and photo ops with the President at the Kano State Governor’s lodge, unfortunately for them, their was a firm instruction for the President and Andy Uba not to be found in close proximity neither should they be in the same room under any condition.
Andy Uba stayed in the “special parlour” prepared for the “meet” for hours to no avail.
The question on the minds of APC faithfuls is “Why has the President refused to congratulate or even meet Senator Andy Uba 2 months after he was declared winner of APC primaries in the most controversial manner”
Andy Uba’s core supporter will come to my wall and inbox to deny these chain of events, but his kitchen cabinet will be shocked at the precision of the information i just gave.
Dont be fooled brethren, If his team can release an official statement denying The Most Distinguished Senator’s debt to Heritage Bank they can issue a press statement to deny anything.
His supporters normally go around APC platforms and whatsapp groups threatening sanctions and expulsion against party members that are kicking against how he mysteriously emerged candidate without a primary.
They even go to the extent of threatening Governorship candidates that went to court.
But the President has made it clear that aggrieved candidates are free to go to court.
According to the President, he has severally challenged electoral fraud in 2003, 2007 and 2011 and party members must be allowed to seek for justice.
For those of us in Anambra, do not get it all wrong, the PDP and APGA have similar crises. People who are not happy with the way their candidates emerged are still fighting to get things done the right way. Dont expect anything different from those of us in APC.
Not everybody must agree on the Andy Uba candidacy but once the President receives him, confirms and hands over the flag to him as the APC candidate we shall all tow the party line.
Let the president congratulate or receive Andy Uba.
That is all we are asking for.